Who can benefit from Shiatsu?
I find Shiatsu a beautiful treatment option for anyone, however I have found some people resonate more with this gentle style of treatment in particular.
- Children – kids love this fun and dynamic bodywork. I have found it to be a relaxing and grounding experience that sparks their curiosity. They can find connection to, and stillness in their busy bodies.
- Babies – Developmental Shiatsu is a profound tool in nurturing and guiding healthy growth and development in babies. I love working with babies, and I show parents the sequence so they can do it at home. A beautiful way to build connection and wellbeing in those precious bubs. I enjoyed doing daily shiatsu on my baby so much, as did he!
- Teenagers – this is where my great passion lies. Teenagers are so wonderful. Most have not yet developed the coping mechanisms that adults have, yet they go through so much change so suddenly. Shiatsu is respite from the outside world and pressures. They get to have a very positive experience that fosters healthy connection, boundaries, stillness and body awareness. I have had my most wonderful professional experiences seeing the transformation in teenagers with Shiatsu.
- Pregnancy – I find Shiatsu to be a wonderful treatment for this stage in life and in the post-natal stage. Creating space mentally and physically is vital pre and post birth. I also teach birthing partners points they can use to help before and during birth. Trust me, it is lush!
- Those who are needle phobic – Shiatsu and shoninshin (non-invasive acupuncture) is a safe and effective way to get the benefits of acupuncture without needles.
- Elderly – Many people in this demographic no longer receive regular touch. Many studies show how beneficial touch is to health and wellbeing. Receiving caring touch and light stretch’s does wonders in this age group, building and maintaining mobility, strength and wellness.
I have done hundreds of hours of post graduate Shiatsu training including –
- Developmental Shiatsu for babies with Karin Kalbantner-Wernicke
- Advanced Shonishin – non-inasive padiatric acupuncture with Thomas Wernicke
- Pregancy Shaitsu with Suzanne Yates
- Treating trauma with Shiatsu with Clive Andrews
- Sotai (Japanese osteopathic techniques) with Saburo Ishii
If you would like to know if Shiatsu is right for you please contact the clinic on 03 8047 3370.
Xx Dr Nicky (TCM)