What is Myotherapy?
People usually see a Myotherapist for:
- Neck/Shoulder Pain
- Back Pain and other Back Problems
- Health and Wellness including Stress and Tension Reduction
- Headaches or Migraines
- Sports Injury Management and RehabilitationArthritis
- Other Acute Injury or Pain Conditions
- Other Chronic Reduced Function, Disability or Pain Conditions, e.g. Fatigue
- Occupational Overuse Syndrome
Myotherapists and massage therapists holding an Advance Diploma or Degree are qualified to assist people who suffer from chronic pain of musculoskeletal conditions.
Myotherapists who hold an Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy or Bachelor of Myotherapy are trained in using advanced assessment and treatment protocols.
Myotherapy and remedial massage therapists employ a number of treatment modalities for use in pain management for chronic musculoskeletal conditions, postural conditions and sporting and occupational injuries.
In addition to manual manipulation therapy, treatment can include: myofascial dry needling, electrical stimulations (TENS) and corrective exercises.
source: Massage and Myotherapy Australia